Friday, January 4, 2008

Gospel Gaydar




I am not sure how it happens but somehow I attract to me closeted preachers, ministers, choir directors, deacons, and other church types...

Let me start here. I have no problem admitting I am a church boy. I was born and brought up in the church even before my mother married a Pastor.

As far as I can remember I have always drawn these guys to me. It shows up in many different ways. The most interesting was when I was working as a phone sex operator. After getting the guys off we'd keep talking and I'd discover they were married, closeted, and somehow deeply involved in a church.

Recently a co-worker approached me with a flyer (the photo for this blog) and asked me about it. She said a friend of hers found it in her husband's backpack and was concerned. I explained to her it was a flyer for a local bar and that he could've picked it up anywhere because they distribute them freely and not have realized what it was for. That it didn't specifically mean that he had gone or had plans to go. I also told her that if her friend suspected other things that she should definitely confront her husband about it.

Eventually my co worker told me it all worked out. They had resolved the issue but I just wonder why this always happens to me...

No comments: