Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lakers Championship DVD


I just got my copy of the Laker Championship DVD yesterday and I was going to watch it in parts so I could savor it but I couldn't, I just couldn't. I watched the entire thing and then watched certain parts again.

I've been a Laker fan since I was very young. My entire family are Laker fans. I grew up in Inglewood, California and used to go see them at the "Fabulous Forum". It was less than a mile from my house so me and my neighborhood friends saw many things there. Sports, Concerts, Circus, etc.

It was easy to be a Laker fan in the "Showtime" era but I was one before that. When they traded for Kareem Abdul-Jabbar I remember people remarking, "what are they going to do with that old man?" He went on to help them win 5 Championships in the 80's.

It was not easy to live through the down years but if you're a die hard fan, you go with your team no matter what!

Well this new DVD is great. It has clips from the regular season, playoffs, and highlights and the special features are OUTRAGEOUS. There's a roundtable with players from the 80's (I hope I don't leave anyone out), Bob McAdoo, Jamaal Wilkes, Byron Scott, Magic Johnson, Kurt Rambis, James Worthy, Mitch Kupchak, Jerry West (the architect of the team), Bill Bertka (asst coach), and A.C Green.

It brought back so many memories...

There are other extras with reports on current Lakers, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, Kobe's 81 point game, and recently traded Trevor Ariza.



Even though I watched the games and know the outcomes, it's still exciting to watch everything unfold.




No comments: