Monday, September 14, 2009

Maintaining A Blog...

A few years ago I totally streamlined my on-line presence. I stopped using Yahoo 360, tribe.net, msn, and a few other spaces.

I was so involved with these spaces I was neglecting real time interactions. I spent so much time on line whether maintaining those spaces or writing for other websites I got wore out. It's for this reason I haven't singed up for facebook although numerous friends in real time and on-line have asked me to do so. This and MySpace are the only places I have been maintaining since that time, and I don't post here like I used to in other spaces.

It got to the point where I thought it was my duty to do those things but I realized a blog is really only someone's opinion. It's a great way to spread information and the some of the best maintained blogs are great for communication but at the end of the day it's really someone's opinion, take, outlook, or perspective on something. That's not necessarily a bad thing but in the long run my choices and decisions will be informed by the information I make on my own. Others can enhance but it's not the ultimate decider.

Anyway, I am just sharing some thoughts and also wanted to share this picture because it's my new favorite image. I wish I knew who the photographer was...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jair,

Thanks for this particular blog entry. I, too, sometimes find it hard to balance myself with blogging or not blogging; finding it an obligation sometimes. Although I've never had problems socializing with the real world.

Is that us in the picture together??? LOL! HA HA HA!