Monday, September 20, 2010

Dreamgirls On Tour...


As soon as I heard, "Dreamgirls" the current tour was coming to San Francisco I knew I wanted to be in the audience. There are certain shows that I have HAVE to see. Dreamgirls is one of those. This production did not disappoint. In fact it enhanced my love and appreciation for this work.

I've known about Dreamgirls since the original production and have always been in love with it. Through the '87 tour which featured one of my favorite performers, Lillias White, all the talk of the movie, a concert version, and then finally the movie. There is nothing like live theater that proves that when art & entertainment collide there is magic.

The cast was incredible, the production was amazing, and the audience receptive and appreciative. I told a friend if I were a smart man I would've bought a second set of tickets so I could see it again before it left town.

If you have the chance to see it do yourself a favor and do just that....
http://dreamgirlsonstage.com/tour.html


No comments: