Friday, December 14, 2007

One Year And Counting...

Sunday December 16 marks the one year anniversary of my move to the Bay Area. It started out rough but thankfully things turned around for me earlier this year.

I started off in Vallejo which reminded me a lot of the town I grew up in Inglewood, Ca. The thing I didn't realize about Vallejo was that you had to cross a bridge to get to a good job. I couldn't find anything in the area that worked for me.

I moved to Berkeley and that's when things began to change. I found a job and within a couple of months moved into my own apartment in Oakland, Ca.

I am loving life right now. Interestingly enough I haven't found the kind of spiritual foundation I had at my church or poet/spoken word community but I figure that will happen with time. I was involved with this sweet guy named Berry but we didn't work out and he has moved to Cincinnati. He was someone I was hoping to build something significant but he was at a place in his life where he needed to help himself before he could get involved with me.

I am still decorating my apartment. I found these window frames that I am planning on turning into picture frames. I was hoping to get artwork from some artists I've met on line and in person but no one really followed through so I have decided to take on some projects myself. I also feel this will give my place the organic energy I want it to have.


That's it for now. I am not sure how often I will blog here but I am hoping this will become an outlet for my thoughts, poetry, and other events that people will find intersting...

No comments: