Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rev. Charles Lanier


The first time I went to Unity Fellowship Church in Los Angeles the first person I met was Deacon (at that time) Charles Lanier. He welcomed me with a hug and warm greeting and has been wonderful to me every since. I call him "Rev Auntie" because like any good Auntie he always kept an eye on me and my well being. He will be remembered for his dedication to liberating people, his soprano singing voice, his willingness to share his personal testimony, his sincerity, and genuine love


The UFCM National Communications Team has received the following update on the missing persons case tied to Rev. Charles Lanier, Pastor of UFC-San Diego.

A few hours ago the body of Rev Charles Lanier was located in an apartment in Tijuana, Mexico. Pastor Lanier's family is on their way to Mexico to identify and bring his body back home. No other details are available at this time in reference to the actual cause of death. The Archbishop and Western Jurisdiction are working very closely with the family and will share information about funeral arrangements as soon as they are complete.

Archbishop has issued the following statement to the Membership of Unity Fellowship Churches around the country: "This is truly a sad day for us all. We have been praying for a favorable outcome and what we know is that while our loved one is absent from the body, he is fully present with the Lord. The song writer said ' I am free…praise the Lord I'm free…no longer bound…no more chains holding me…my soul is resting…it's just a blessing…praise the Lord…Hallelujah I'm FREE'. Pastor Lanier is free! Let us take this moment to reevaluate our lives and purpose to live more boldly, more dedicated, more committed to God, to self, to family, to community and to the call of God that is upon each of us. Right now your prayers are the most powerful source of support you can offer -- in particular for his family, the UFC San Diego church and The Minority AIDS Project, where he served as the Chief Financial Officer."

The National Communications Team will forward any additional details as we receive them.

Thank you and God Bless

Bishop-Elect Tonyia M. Rawls, Chair, National Communications Team

Elder Kevin E. Taylor, Coordinator, National Communications Team

No comments: