Thursday, February 7, 2008

Robin Roberts





My work schedule has me starting at 9:30am during the week which gives me time to watch Good Morning America. I am not sure why I watch that show. Probably because of all the morning shows I like Robin Roberts and Diane Sawyer the best.

I've always liked Robin although I feel like there is alot about her life that she is not sharing. Which is her right. I just think she'd reach even more people if she did. Last year she was diagnosed with cancer and they have covered her trials with it. Even getting her head shaved for chemotherapy. Once I saw her bald I thought she looked beautiful. But then I think black women with features like hers always look great with short of no hair. Since she is on air they have had her using a wig which does resemble what her hair was like before she went bald but recently the hosts have been participating in a segment called "I Dare You...." and hers was to walk in a fashion show. She got tips on walking from no other than Tyra Banks and walked during Fashion Week today at Isaac Mizrahi show. Nina Garcia from Elle magazine and Project Runway was in the audience. The show also featured one of my favorite girls from "America's Next Top Model" Dani.

The picture of Robin is in a dress I don't particularly like but she did a wonderful job and considering it's out of her comfort zone and her living through cancer treatment it was wonderful. Dani's picture is from "Top Model" when they did a bald photo shoot...

No comments: