Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Michael Jackson's "This Is It"


I saw Michael Jackson's, "This Is It" this past Sunday. I am not one who usually goes to movie theaters unless it's for a film festival or an independent film. Most movies I wait until it comes out on dvd.

I couldn't do that for this movie. I wouldn't call myself an over the top Michael Jackson fan but I've always enjoyed his music and I can see there are certain points in my life where his music was definitely a soundtrack for what was happening at specific times.

Hearing certain songs of his conjures up many memories and images.

I didn't have any expectations when going to see this movie. Or course I'd heard so much about it but I went with an open mind of just experiencing it.

I hadn't realized how far they were into the process of putting this show together. There are some production sequences that are ready to go as we speak.

I also realized that Michael Jackson was in great voice. One thing I have said over the years is that Michael was an entertainer, not necessarily a singer but he hit some notes during, "Human Nature" that were beautiful. I don't think he was using his full voice at the advice of his vocal coach.

The dancers, band, background singers, and production team were all top notch and looking forward to being part of the event. Things were coming together extremely well. I can see where this show would be historic.

I'm so happy we have this record to maintain the memory of his genius.

No comments: