Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just Walk With Me Here...


I think I need to vent just a little bit...

I am putting together a couple of shows for the National Queer Arts Festival. I submitted the proposal with a potential cast list. It is a potential because people could be added or others might be able to participate because of the date.

I heard from the festival and they approve the proposal and get us a venue and dates. I contact the people involved and two people had to drop out because of the dates, which I understand. I'm glad they let me know as soon as possible.I've talked to a few people about taking their spots and I feel as I am getting the run around.

If you have ever planned any events like this you know that everything falls on you.
Working out the technical requirements, working with the venue, publicity, working with the festival director, deadlines, deadlines, deadlines and the people I've spoken with say they will send me the information I've requested but they haven't and it leads me to believe they don't want to be part of the show. I know people get busy but when I requested it as soon as possible so I can get their picture and bio to the festival website and also for the press releases and they haven't gotten back to me for over a week I start to suspect they don't really want to be a part.

One person requested a face to face meeting to discuss it after a couple of phone conversations that I explained what I needed and about the event/festival.

At this point I am driven just to go with the lineup I have and call it a day. Usually you don't get alot of time to perform at these events. 5-7 minutes but now I think I will just give people longer performance time and call it "it is what it is"....

No comments: