Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rachelle Ferrell




Last night a friend and I attended a performance of Rachelle Ferrell at the great jazz club restaurant Yoshi's in Oakland, Ca.

It was my first time seeing her live in a few years. Every time I get to see or hear Rachelle I am usually blown away. The things she is able to do with her voice from just a technical stand point is amazing. Add in her showmanship and it makes for a great evening.

It was simply Rachelle, a backing vocalist Larnelle who was fantastic in her own right and another keyboard player.

She did a variety of songs. Some made up on the spot. Engaged herself with the audience. She sang happy birthday to a woman who was 84 yrs old and also her backing vocalist.

All in all it was an incredible evening. The crowd was friendly and supportive and Yoshi's is always an excellent venue. If you ever go be sure to try the "Georgia Bounce". It's a delicious mojito!!

If I didn't have to be at work at 7am today I would've bought tickets to the late night show just to see her again...

No comments: