Friday, January 15, 2010

In The Beat Of The Drum...




In The Beat Of The Drum...
by The Literary Masturbator™

There's something in the beat of the drum that transports me to a place where I am caught up the rhythm

It enters my ears and swells in my spirit like a tidal wave of pulsations seeking to drown me in the memories of the ancestors

It's as if they have left their fingerprints on my heart as evidence of my place in the Universe
They admonish me to run on, to fight on, and to be free...

You see their drums were taken away, but I hear them...

I hear them

In the crack of the snap of a queen giving a major read to amplify a definitive point
In the cadence of a preacher caught up in the holy ghost making a definitive point
In the slam dunk of Dr. J, Michael Jordan, & Kobe Bryant all rolled into one making a 2 definitive points
In an Oprah AHA! Moment when she recognizes a definitive point

And I hear them in my prayers and meditation as the elders point me towards wholeness and holiness

There is just something in the beat of the drum...

www.myspace.com/theliterarymasturbator
theliterarymasturbator@gmail.com
http://theliterarymasturbator.blogspot.com
Copyright©2010 Jair

No comments: